Inspire Yourself from the Mental Health Reset 8/16/2020

 

Inspire Yourself

Created during the Mental Health Reset on The Mighty

August 16, 2020

 

Words: Hope, faith, believe, enthusiasm, strength, strong, persevere, courage, mighty, support, tenacity, future, learn, improve, kindness, appreciation, grateful, love, peace, breathe, humor, laugh, encourage, leap, brave, resilience, family, present, fierce, try, compassion, blessing

 

Affirmations: I am strong, I am enough, I can get through this, this too shall pass, I am worthy and deserving, You are someone else’s reason to smile, It’s okay to ask for help, I am unique, I am hopeful, It’s okay, I am entitled to a few mistakes, Let go and let God, I am allowed to cry, You can change someone’s life, Be a friend, I’ve got this!

 

Quotes:

Allie

“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” Unknown

Kathy

“I am brave, I am bruised, this is me” from The Greatest Showman

Benita

“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”

Laura

"The hand is no different from what it creates” -A.A. Attanasio

Ashli

“I want to age like sea glass.

Smoothed by tides,

but not broken.

I want my hard edges to soften.

I want to ride the waves

and go with the flow.

I want to catch a wave

and let it carry me

to where I belong.

I want to be picked up

and held gently by

those who delight in my

well earned patina and

appreciate the changes I went

through to achieve that beauty.

I want to enjoy the journey

and always remember that if

you give the ocean something

breakable it will turn it into

something beautiful.

I want to age like sea glass.” -Bernadette Noll

Benita

“Celebrate small victories.”

Kathy

“Seize the time, live now. Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”  -Star Trek: TNG

Laura

"If you're digging a hole and it's in the wrong place, digging deeper won't help." -Seymour Chwast

Jenn

"I am always doing the best I can. If I could do better, I surely would, and when I can do better, I surely will."

Jenn

"I save for the rainy days in my life by living well today."

Laura

“My life is full of mistakes. They’re like pebbles that make a good road.” -Beatrice Wood

Jenn

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."  -Charles Spurgeon

Kathy

“No Jesus, no peace. Know Jesus, know peace.”

Benita

“You are the creator of your destiny, the architect of your life.” -Benita

Nicole

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4 b13”

Lisa

“And you beloved are the light of the world.”

Ashli

“Be like a glow stick; sometimes we have to break before we shine.”

Lara

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul." Invictus by William Ernest Henley

Mattea

“Your words don't translate, and it's getting quite late, so please don't stay in touch.” -Lily Allen

Laura

“The art of losing isn't hard to master. So many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster.” -Elizabeth Bishop

Jenn

“Be strong now, for things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever!”

Kathy

“Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31”

Chris

“The sun does not always have to be out to have a bright day.”

Kaylie

“Shoot for the moon and even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”

Megan

All the lyrics from “This Is My Fight Song” by Rachel Platten

Megan

“This is not the end of me; this is the beginning.” -Christina Perri

Lara

“Not throwing away my shot” from Hamilton

Benita

“Don’t sweat the small stuff.”

Kaylie

“You’re braver than you believe stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.”- Winnie the Pooh

Laura

“Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Matthew 6:34”

Michael

"No matter how bad things get, there is something good out there, just over the horizon" -Green Lantern

 

Thank you to all who participated and contributed!

 

 

Allie Curtis

encouragementalhealth.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep and mental health

A fresh coat of paint and a fresh start

Our holiday card project. Your voice can make a difference.