Struggles and strength

I often get told that mental illness doesn't change who I am... but I disagree. Mental illness has made me more caring, understanding, open-minded, selfless, compassionate, and enlightened. It has put things into perspective for me. I can now see what is important in life. My goals are now aimed at directly helping others. I've learned about the world and those around me. I would've never known my strength if I hadn't been through my struggles.

Mental illness did change me. It made me a better person, and put me on the path I was meant to be on. Don't let a diagnosis ruin your life, you never know what you will learn about yourself.

"Where there is no struggle, there is no strength..."
-Oprah Winfrey



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep and mental health

A fresh coat of paint and a fresh start

Our holiday card project. Your voice can make a difference.