"The rest is still unwritten..."

I'm not a mental health professional, but I'm a mental health warrior. Those who live with mental illness are warriors. I know what it is like to fight everyday. I created this page, and other social media pages, to bring awareness to what it is like living with a psychiatric disorder. Whether I'm giving some insight to issues, sharing a quote or picture that touched me, or telling parts of my personal journey, everything will be honest and open.

Some future topics will include: my experience with mental illness, hospitals and hospitalizations, therapeutic writing, public speaking, psychiatric service dogs, medications, portrayals of mental illness in the media, and many more...


Right now, I am in a place where I feel as if I can help people grasp the realities of what life is like for a person living with mental illness. I have good days and bad days, but I'm never giving up. Please join me on my journey toward wellness and fighting stigma!

"Life is tough, but I'm tougher."

-Allie

Comments

  1. You are the bravest, toughest, person I know. 💜
    You have many great things in your future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep and mental health

A fresh coat of paint and a fresh start

Our holiday card project. Your voice can make a difference.